We hope you are all doing well and remain in high spirits in these unpredictable times.
That being said we have some very exciting news for you, registration for Soctiacon 2022
will be opening Sunday, 14th of November at 7pm GMT!
We understand for many it has been a very long time since their last convention so we are
also pleased to announce that for ScotiaCon 2022 Sunday will be a full convention day
and for Residential Attendees Sunday night is now included in your hotel stay!
This year we have a brand new registration system and process as we have moved venues so
please read the following information carefully:
- On Sunday we will open registration, a link will be
posted on twitter, our telegram channel Scotiacon Live and this website. There are
no pre-registration steps.
- You will need a valid email address to register as this
is our main point of contact with you. We will also send you a link to verify this
email address so please ensure you enter it carefully and as always check your spam
- Once logged in we will first collect some ID information
from you essential for your registration such as your Legal Name, Date of Birth,
Address and Emergency Contact Information. Please be aware that these details need
to match the ID you present when you attend the convention.
- Please note that attendees must be aged 18 or over on the
first day of the convention.
- Once completed you will be able to select your attendance
- There are 3 attendance options: Attending Only, Main
Convention Hotel (Crowne Plaza) and Overflow Hotel (Hilton Garden Inn).
- If you are attending only, you will need to make your own
accommodation arrangements, as the convention is located in the SECC area of Glasgow
there are many hotels in the surrounding area you can book directly with.
- If you are staying with us in the Main or Overflow Hotel
you are booking and paying for a space in a room along with your registration fee.
- Don't forget - For residential attendees Sunday night is
now included in your stay, this means you will arrive Friday and depart Monday.
- The pricing structure and options breaks down as follows:
|Main Convention Hotel
(Hilton Garden Inn)
|Base Price per Person
(Friday-Sunday, 3 nights)
||Double or Twin
(Arrive Thursday and Depart Tuesday)
- Currently we are unable to offer single rooms within the
room blocks at either hotel, if you require a single room we would recommend
checking directly with other hotels in the SECC area.
- Residential options are for 1 space within a room and
each room has 2 spaces, you will be partnered with another attendee.
- It is important that you and your preferred room partner
have both selected the same accommodation options so we can match you to the same
room. If you do not have the same hotel, room type and length of stay - you will
need to find another partner with a matching room and hotel options.
- After you have selected your options and submitted them
our registration team will process your booking, this is usually done within 24-48
hours, in exceptional cases up to 7 days.
- Once processed we will email you a confirmation and
invite you to login and pay for your Scotiacon registration, you have up to 7 days
to pay. This will allow you to make any arrangements with your preferred room
partner and ensure you both have a space reserved before committing to payment.
- If you have not paid after 7 days your space will be
released to the waiting list and you will need to reapply or choose another
- You will have the opportunity to choose your room partner
once you have both successfully registered and paid. You will both be invited via
email to do this through the registration system and we will match both your
reservations to the room you have both selected.
- In the event we have run out of space for your chosen
options we will place you on a waiting list and advise of alternative options if
available. At this point we would recommend checking directly with other hotels in
the SECC area for alternative accommodation options as we may be fully booked.